The arrival of a new year is upon us. Have you started making actionable resolutions for your financial brand?
Don't let the new year slip away because you were too busy.
Here are 12 strategic resolutions for a more powerful brand. Nearly half of these Brand Best Practices involve your culture. With employee partnership and commitment to growing your organization, you'll thrive. Without them, the journey is ever so much harder.
- Recognize and record your successes from last year.
- Share them with your employees.
- Create unique, meaningful ways to thank employees and schedule them on the calendar. Do it more than once.
- Review/renew your marketing plan and purpose.
- Set some big, hairy audacious goals.
- Share the goals with your employees (bonus points if employees helped review/renew).
- Audit your brand: is it consistent across all communication channels? If not, make a plan for refining and fixing.
- View your brand like an outsider: is it really different, or does it sound like all the other financial brands out there?
- Set measurable milestone markers of success. Otherwise, how will you know when you get there?
- Implement branded ways to thank vendors, partners, customers and referral sources.
- Identify the silos in your organization and build the necessary alliances that link employees and departments.
Don't forget to measure regularly and recalibrate when you miss the mark or circumstances change.
For help from a financial marketing agency who brings smart strategies to grow your financial brand and your business, call Martha Bartlett Piland at 785.969.6203 or
Photo credit: Thomas Bormans on Unsplash.